Tuesday, March 11, 2008

HAPPY (or unhappy) BIRTHDAY SPENCER!!!

So, yesterday was Spencer's birthday. The kids and I had the house clean, dinner almost ready, and daddy's birthday surprise all ready. It was about 5:00. I was in the kitchen working on a few last minute things when I hear this awful scream come from the living room. Of course, I run in to see what is wrong. Lyndsie was laying on the floor holding her arm. I waited a while, and she was still crying and wouldn't move it. I decided to take her to the clinic. They took 6 X-rays, and determined she didn't have any broken bones. When the doctor started to look closer and make her move it, her elbow popped, and the doctor said. . . "I think I might have just fixed this on accident!" Sure enough, about 2 minutes later, she began moving her arm, and was happy again. The doctor determined she had dislocated her elbow. We then walked out of the doctor's office with 3 stickers, 1 sucker, and 1 very happy, expensive child! We were grateful that she didn't break it. We returned home to eat the cold supper I had prepared 1 1/2 hours earlier, and try to have a birthday party. Sorry Spencer for the rotten Birthday! We still love you!

9 comments:

Jenny Lou said...

Oh, that is so scary. I hate things like that. I'm glad it wasn't broken too. That could have really messed up the skiing/boating season huh? Happy birthday Spencer. . . hopefully the rest of the day wasn't quite so eventful. I guess that just goes to show, adult birthdays are just another day aren't they?

Elicia said...

Bummer! I'm glad it wasn't any worse and also that it was fixed while at the Dr.'s office and not let to be a mystery.

Happy Birthday to Spencer!!

Kristy said...

I'm glad her arm is better, and that it was an easy fix instead of wearing a cast for weeks. I just found out that Julianna lives a few miles down the road from me. I was thinking we should all get together some time. I'm sure my kids would be excited to play with yours, especially Katelyn.

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Well, at least it was a memorable birthday. :) Next year's the big 30 for Spencer, right?

Kayleen said...

OH so sorry! I just talked to you right before this! Happy Birthday anyway Spence, we love you!

Elicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elicia said...

Come on Corinne, it doesn't have to be a big one or even a close up. It could be you and the girls even! Pretty please!?

Rachelle said...

Corinne! How the heck are YOU?? Kelly and I are living in South Orange County, he works for Burton/Analog designing clothing. I'm at home with Daphers! So, are you having another baby? Is that what I got from one of your posts? If you are - CONGRATS! You'll have to email me sometime so we can catch up on everything. Awesome to hear from you!

Rachelle said...

um..orange county california, forgot to put the state. ha!

anyway, your girls are adorable, so grown up!