Friday, January 8, 2010

Little Red Hen

Today I decided to be the Little Red Hen. I let Grandpa Larsen grow the wheat, and I let him thrash the wheat. . . I 'll take it from there.

Who will help me carry the heavy old wheat bucket to my kitchen? Spencer said. . "I will"
Who will help me grind the wheat with the awesome new wheat grinder I got from Grandpa and Grandma Larsen for Christmas? Abby said, "turn that thing off. . it's noisy!"

Who help me measure the flour I made? Abby said, "I will, then can I watch my movie?"


Who will help me eat the yummy bread that I made? "me, me, me, me, me, me"
And the Larsen family lived happily ever after.
Seriously, this was a great experiment! I have never made wheat bread in my entire life, but I tried this recipe that is 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white, and it is wonderful. I'm sure I can improve my bread making skills and it will be better, but for a first try, I was impressed. Maybe some new whole wheat recipes will follow!






6 comments:

Audrey said...

Good job, I'm going to call you Betty Crocker from now on. :) By the way, your little Lyndsie looks like a miniature you. :)

Kyle and Tiffany said...

YUMMY! Your bread looks so good. Kyle and I have been shopping for a wheat grinder. You'll have to let me know how you like yours, and share your recipe!

Kayleen said...

yum. . .I'll be right over to eat some said the lazy dog.

The Gray Team said...

good job! I'm finding i'm having a lot of fun with my new grinder too!

Elicia said...

Great job on the bread! I loved the story!!!! Funny you should mention my hair growing fast since I was just feeling like it was at a stand still, lol. Thanks for keeping in touch! I'm planning a little trip to Idaho sometime the first part of February and would love to stop by if I could :)

Lynette said...

I have a great whole wheat recipe that both Rebecca and I LOVE! If you are interested, you can get it from either of us. :)